Whether you’re doing some holiday shopping or searching for souvenirs for yourself or a loved one, New Orleans is filled with many charming gift shops that will be sure to have something for everyone on your list. From day spas to eclectic artisan boutiques, New Orleans shopping is an unique as the city itself which makes it a wonderful place for the solo traveler shopper to enjoy some retail therapy.
6 Best New Orleans Gift Shops
1. Peony - Peony is a dreamy boutique located at 3719 Magazine Street and carries women and children's clothing and magical gifts and curiosities. Peony carries Libellule, a clothing line started by owners Leigh Reveley and Crickett Lapeyre, which features environmentally friendly modern details on classic vintage silhouettes. All pieces are made with high quality natural fibers and are all manufactured in the United States.
2. Hilltop Shoppe - Our newest obsession, Hilltop Shoppe opened up earlier this fall at 3714 Magazine Street. Hilltop carries everything from fine china, high-end bath necessities, linens, bar accessories, books, art and jewelry. From hostess gifts to bridal showers, Hilltop Shoppe carries goods for those with a passion for hospitality.
3. Perch - This eclectic shop in the Irish Channel offers antiques, modern furnishings and home goods. Located in a renovated 1860's cottage, Perch offers a spectrum of forward-thinkings styles for the home and is sure to have a colorful and unique gift for anyone on your list! Perch is located ay 2844 Magazine Street and offers everything from affordable gifts to upscale home decor.
4. New Orleans Historic Collection - The New Orleans Historic Collection is more than a museum and research center - it is home to one of the finest gift shops in town! The gift shop offers reproductions of maps and prints from the collection, jewelry and gifts from local artists and their own publications as well as many other titles related to the culture and history of New Orleans. Many of the gifts in the shop can only be found at The Historic New Orleans Collection.
5. Bella Donna - Bella Donna has been a New Orleans staple since 1989 and is the perfect place to pick up a gift for someone who loves pampering. Bella Donna offers world class spa services, including skin and body treatments, massage therapy, clinical treatments and nail and cosmetic services. Bella Donna also carries a wide variety of professional skin care and personal care products, unique gifts, and seasonal treats!
6. Freda - If you're looking for a unique, handcrafted gift, be sure to stop by Freda, located at the Ace Hotel. Originally from Marfa, TX, this lifestyle boutique brings a little bit of high desert life to the Big Easy and carries handcrafted jewelry, clothing, apothecary, and gift items.
If you enjoyed this post, let us know in the comments section below and share with someone who might enjoy it as well. For more affordable luxury solo travel tips, tricks, stories and advice, follow us on social media and listen to the Solo Travel Talk Podcast! Click on the links below!
Author: Astrid Clements
Astrid Solo Travel Advisor CEO and founder, Astrid, has spent over 40 years traveling around the world. She is passionate about embracing the world’s diverse cultures and sharing with others the global need and personal benefit of cultural literacy. Her focus is on affordable luxury travel that is both substantive and fun! To read more about her and each one of our Solo Travel Advisors, head over to the About page!