If you’re a traveler visiting New Orleans during the Thanksgiving holiday, you’re in luck because a number of restaurants will be serving fabulous Thanksgiving dinners (and lunch), New Orleans Style!
11 Nola Restaurants Serving Thanksgiving Lunch/Dinner
1. Bourbon House (144 Bourbon St.) This Dickie Brennan staple opens today at noon with a special Thanksgiving menu that includes roasted turkey with oyster dressing, turducken and Creole-spice rubbed prime rib.
2. Cafe Adelaide (300 Poydras St.) Open from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., stop in and enjoy a holiday menu, which includes turtle soup, a savory Creole pumpkin galette, rabbit gnocchi and Creole cream cheese cheesecake. Also available is a three-course Thanksgiving meal with entrees of either Louisiana white shrimp or Muscovy duck.
3. Commander's Palace (1403 Washington Ave.) The grand Garden District restaurant will be serving a three-course prix fixe holiday meal.
4. Compère Lapin (535 Tchoupitoulas St.) Enjoy a three-course feast with a Caribbean flare from Chef Nina Compton, where the choices included curried cauliflower soup, pumpkin agnolotti and jerk sweet potatoes. $75 plus tax and tip.
5. The Country Club (634 Louisa St.) Chef Chris Barbato, former executive sous chef at Commander's Palace, has taken over the kitchen and will be offering a holiday a la carte menu that includes sweetbreads, oyster dressing, braised lamb shanks and pumpkin pie with whipped cream and caramel.
6. Domenica (123 Baronne St.) Alon Shaya will be offering classic turkey with chestnut dressing, a ribeye, redfish or lasagne bolognese at his Italian restaurant. $60 for three courses.
7. Galatoire's (209 Bourbon St.) The world famous Bourbon Street staple will have its regular menu along with a $30 holiday special of fried turkey breast with seafood eggplant stuffing, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce and turkey gravy.
8. Palace Cafe (605 Canal St.) Opening at noon, the restaurant will serve a limited version of its regular menu as well as a holiday menu. The holiday menu includes a traditional Thanksgiving entree with turkey, oyster dressing and cranberry sauce.
9. Restaurant August (301 Tchoupitoulas St.) The restaurant will offer both a three-course lunch (11 a.m. to 2 p.m.) for $39 and a five-course dinner (5-10 p.m.) for $97. The courses include a turkey stuffed with sausage, blue crab and bacon roast, and, for dessert, a cornmeal pavlova.
10. Roosevelt Hotel (130 Roosevelt Way) The hotel will open its historic Blue Room from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. for a buffet that includes a roasted duck breast and poached pears, marinated blue crab claws, blackened redfish crawfish maque choux and Cajun fried turkey with giblet gravy. $85 for adults, $35 for children.
11. Tableau (616 St. Peter St.) Over look Jackson Square this Thanksgiving and enjoy an a la carte menu, which includes both Creole classics and turkey, or for $38 a prix fixe feast with options like turtle soup, a full turkey dinner, prime rib and pumpkin pie.
If you enjoyed this post, let us know in the comments section below and share with someone who might enjoy it as well. Follow us on social media and listen to the Solo Travel Talk Podcast for more affordable luxury solo travel tips, tricks, stories and advice. Click on the links below!